Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The land down under

My mother just asked me the scariest question. No, it's not "how's your exam?" but rather,

"should I start ordering a MyVi for you already?"

And then it occurred to me, that it's time I start thinking about where I'm heading to next year.


MALAYSIA vs AUSTRALIA


I know all these while I've said that I'll never do twinning and I've told myself that I'll be going overseas (wherever for that matter) since the beginning of this year.

But now that my time is up, I'm not sure whether or not I want to go just yet.

Last Saturday I went to mummy's office and Uncle Toh was telling me about Australian universities and which ones I should/should not go to. I thought he would object when I asked "what if I don't want to go?" but he didn't mind and even said "better still, save your mother's money. Get you a MyVi and you do 2 years here and 2 years there with Honors"

Honestly, there's nothing really holding me back from going.
I just don't feel like I want to go. Maybe I'm not ready. Life is so comfortable back home. This is where I have no worry. I have the best mother, and the greatest friends. What more could I possibly ask for?

But then again, I think I should go. I know that there are so many out there that don't get a chance to go overseas. Money isn't exactly a problem for me. In fact, I'm blessed to not worry about my financial aspect at all. NOT to say that it is cheap, but, the best gift that parents are willing to give to their children would be education, no? And this is mummy's number one rule since the day she became a mummy. She's been saving blood, sweat and tears just for this and she herself told me "don't worry about fees, just study hard". Seeing that I have the chance to do so.. shouldn't I?

And maybe, I need a getaway too.
I know that by going, I'll be saying goodbye to all the awesome friends. But then, I'll also be leaving all the drama behind. Of course I have the best of friends back home. They are the ones that have done so many things that made/(still) make me happy. On the other hand, I have met people that I would like to getaway from. A getaway from all the drama and tears, all those memories that have caused hurt and many more sad things, and I just want to get away from it all. Start afresh!


Ahh, talking to myself is no use.
I just need to pray over this matter and see where God will lead me to :)

No comments:

Post a Comment