Thursday, March 22, 2012

MASTERCHEF!

Hello people (:

I've been a bit the boh liao these days and I decided to experiment a bit on cooking.
I'm still quite busy with uni, but I've been feeling like my kitchen has been accumulating a lot of food that I brought and haven't had the time to cook, so I decided to experiment!
Yesterday, I finally put my slow cooker to use and boiled bird's nest!
Mummy got a whole packet from a hamper during Chinese New Year, together with a lot of other Chinese-y things, and I brought them all to Melbourne LOL.

Soaked it overnight, then cooked it while I was in uni the whole day!

*Disclaimer: Excuse all the terrible photo quality. All taken with my phone. Because I'm lazy like that 8D


Added red dates inside too! Super healthy can!
HAHAHA. But it turned out not as sweet as I thought it would be, cause I didn't know how much sugar to add ):
Next tong shui to try out - fu chuk yi mai/red bean soup/longan with red dates. This time for my study babes (as pre-studying motivation) to try! Haha, I LOVE THAT I BROUGHT A SLOW COOKER HERE! :D


Because @kzyan challenged me :)

Today, I was super adventurous and decided to cook a lot (and also because I'm lazy and cheap) since I was going to be spending my whole day in uni for the rest of the week, and I don't want to buy lunch. So I thought I'd tapao and bring my own food.


Premium seafood mix pasta for dinner.
I asked the server at Woolies what's the difference between 'seafood mix' and 'premium seafood mix' and he just said "uhh, I think there's more kinds of seafood in the premium" so I thought, damn it I had such a stressful week, I should eat something good (eventhough it didn't look any different).
But to my surprise, when I came back, the premium mix really got a lot more things leh! Got more salmon, and got squid and scallop! I is happy :B


Baby bak choy cause I need to be healthy!
Bet with Eric is still ongoing and I feel no different yet ):
But it's okayyy, cause as of this week I am back in the gym and eating properly now HAH.


PAN MEE for tomorrow's lunch/dinner/Friday's lunch.
Wanted to cook with mince pork like the usual pan mee, but all the servings were too much so I just used chicken breast and lap cheong.
Wahlao, I feel damn #successkid after cooking this *proud* @kzyan next time we no need to go Jojo's Kitchen already! I think this is quite sufficient enough LOL (all we need is the chilli!) :D


Avocado salad for breakfast for the next 3 days cause I'm healthy like that (:


Total time spent cooking today: 1.5 hours -___-
But it's suppose to save me time for the next two days HAHA.
And as of next week, I'll be back to eating yoghurt while doing assignments.

I think I'm quite crazy. When I cook, I have food to last me for a week. And when I don't, I live on apples, yoghurt, fibre tea, and a lot of other nonsense.
Typical uni kid ):


Anyway, TIME TO GO SLEEP NOW.
Just got back from the library an hour ago, and before I know it, it's gonna be time to head back there *le sigh

No comments:

Post a Comment