Friday, May 11, 2012

a-MAY-zing

Just realised I drafted this a few days ago but forgot to publish.

I am, nineteen (:
I honestly feel no different compared to eighteen, and this year was so much different from the rest of my birthdays. 


How did I celebrate my birthday? 
This year, I was suppose to be on a 'healthy' lifestyle so I decided not to stay up past 12am on my birthday, but because I had an assignment to submit and declare, I ended up watching my birthday come as the clock passed midnight (after failing to sleep at 11.30pm). Which ended up as a good thing, cause I got a mini (FAILED) surprise from Esther and Teanna. They came over to my place, chilled for a while, had a tiny piece of cake, and then I went to bed.


Woke up that morning early to sign the declaration for my assignment at 6.30am, then snoozed in bed till 8am. Skyped with the dearest Zhi Yan, then went to uni :) Thank you everyone for your dear wishes, and presents  I really really love you, and am truly blessed :') Honestly, I was quite scared this year and I told Z "shit la, what if no one want to celebrate my birthday with me? What if I don't even get a single card?!" I felt damn insecure LOL. But thank you everyone and I really appreciate everything! 


Spent the whole day with Jen, from tute, to PD week resume workshop and psychometric talk, homemade lunch, then back to my place to grab my gym gear, QM lecture, then off to the gym! (: Jen gave me weight training gloves for my birthday Practical, and I love it! Cause just last week I was complaining to her how I got blisters from training and said I was gonna buy gloves, but she beat me to it HAHA. I'm going to make good use of her present :D


Finished workout, then went over to Esther and Teanna's for homecooked dinner (: I insisted on having french beans for my birthday meal, and they were sweet enough to cook me a three course meal  HAHA. Ended the night watching The Voice and playing bananagrams (my all time favourite game now)


Thank you everyone that spent time with me during my birthday and making it amazing, even the simplest things count (:

xx

Now that I'm older and (hopefully) wiser, it's time to study hard. Exams are coming in three weeks, and I am seriously so screwed FML.

Time for bed nao (: Early start tomorrow to Skype, study, finish up my last assignment for the semester, and then train!



No comments:

Post a Comment