Monday, July 23, 2012

Forgive and forget.



I've been feeling pretty shitty and a bit emotional for the past few days. Maybe I've just been way too bored out of my mind and so many thoughts came flooding in, and I just started thinking about all the negative things about my life.

Yesterday at church, something spoke to me so strongly. When pastor mentioned "think about someone  in your life that needs forgiving, someone that has hurt you deeply", I suddenly felt a burden on myself. My heart felt so heavy at that moment, and all I thought about was that one person X.

I've thought that I've already forgiven X, but I guess up till today I still cannot forget the hurt which made me realise that if it still hurts, I've not let go of it completely. I also come to realise that by not forgiving X, I'm only hurting myself. There's no need carrying this unnecessary burden, emotional pain, and mental stress.

But of course, all things take time and I don't know when I can let this go.

Dear God, I know it's not easy to forgive others, and even after I can forgive, I still can't forget. Please help me to be a better and more mature person, to learn how to let go of things and never take things for granted. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment